Thursday, March 10, 2016

ChatMS - 3/7/2016

Good evening, all!
I am finally getting around to typing up yesterday's ChatMS - it's been a busy day!

I've been supporting MS Awareness Month on my facebook page, posting a fact every day.  Don't know if that will continue as regularly, but I want to educate the people around me.  Not just to benefit their perception of my experience, but so they understand that not enough awareness = not enough progress.  We make such a big deal over things like breast cancer (which is absolutely worth the fuss, I'm not saying it's not!) but MS is so invisible, it doesn't get the funding it requires to make real progress in treatment and cure.

It was the celebration of ChatMS' 1st year in existence!  Please feel free to copy/paste the questions into your own blog and remember to keep the conversation going!

Q1: It’s been one entire year since has launched. Can you believe it or what?

Woo, go #ChatMS!

Q2: How long have you been participating in ?

I've been participating for about six months!  I came across it one day when I just happened to get home from work early.  In California, the chat starts at 4 PM.
Q3: How did you hear about and what made you join?

Like I said before ... I just kinda stumbled across it on twitter on a day that I was home early.  I had recently deactivated my FB account and the people I followed were big #ChatMS participants! 
Q4: Do you remember what our first (or your first) was about?

You know, I really don't.... I know one of the first ones was "for the ladies," and the very first one I participated in was run by a member and not the usual leaders.  I remember answering all questions fervently; I think part of it might have been about reactions from others about potential disability.
Q5: What does our weekly chat about mean to you?

I love #ChatMS and how it allows me to connect with others who have this disease.  We have it, it does not have us.  But it's comforting to not feel alone - which is common when none of your friends have any clue what this is really like.

Q6: We brought wine to the anniversary party. If comfortable, share a selfie showing how you’re celebrating!

(Not applicable for post-chat commentary)

Q7 - What can we do to improve

I love seeing how every week is different - I'd like to find out more about people who have had unsuccessful treatments and especially "failed" steroids.

Q8 - have you been able to make connections and build a stronger support system thanks to ?

Absolutely - and it gives me great blogging material!!  :) 

Q9 - What can we do to get others to join future sessions so you can gain more insights?

Maybe have more than one per week, in different time zones.  Those of us out here on the west coast can't participate if we're working!

That's all, folks!  Keep the conversation going!  :)
MSloan

No comments:

Post a Comment