Thursday, October 22, 2015

And it goes around and around and around -

Well, I have an MRI scheduled for Saturday morning, bright and early.

My neurologist was very kind and immediately got the ball rolling to get it scheduled, which I really appreciate considering the fact that he has only met me one time and he wasn't my diagnosing physician.

That being said, I am still hopeful that I am somehow very wrong and this is due to my pregnancy - but according to him, that usually happens because of weight gain and water retention, and neither of those things have really happened to me yet.

I am not gaining enough weight for my pregnancy.  I know I am very stressed out, and I am worried about what that might do to the baby.  I read that it can cause behavioral abnormalities and even possibly autism - it's just terrifying to think that even without smoking or drinking I could mess my kid up before they even get here.

Le sigh.  But a doppler is coming tomorrow in the mail, so when I get to bug my squishy and hear the heartbeat, I will try to upload a quick mp3 file!

I did a lot of reading today on what drugs might be viable during pregnancy.  I know Copaxone is, but I am not at all wanting something I have to inject if I don't absolutely have to.  I know Solumedrol is a viable treatment for relapses during pregnancy, but it makes me feel so damned lousy; my neurologist said that many pregnant women decide not to be treated if they have a relapse.  I don't know what that might mean, considering the last time I was treated during a relapse, my lesions still tripled in size, I had terrible issues with word finding, optic neuritis, dizziness, and L'Hermitte's Sign.

For kicks, I read about Acthar, as that seemed to do the trick last time, but read that it is known to be "Embryocidal."  WOW.  What a freakin' word.  Definitely not doing that one while I'm pregnant.

I will give another update if I get my doppler tomorrow, otherwise probably not until after my MRI on Saturday.  Keep your fingers crossed that I'm wrong and the MS is still sleeping!

MSloan

No comments:

Post a Comment